2020 has been a really difficult year for so many people across all walks of life; for so many different reasons.
Where does the hell storm of 2020 start for you? Here are a few line items in no particular order just to put 2020 in perspective:
- Wildfires blaze out of control and destroy millions of acres of forests in Australia and California. Those California wild fires still blaze. Politicians battle each other whether or not climate change is real
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announce they are “stepping away” from their Royal Duties
- Iran launches ballistic missiles at two American military bases in Iraq
- Ukranian flight crashes over Tehran, Iran, killing 176 passengers
- An impeachment trial for US President Donald Trump. Trump is acquitted. Depending what side of the isle you’re on, this is either fantastic or a disaster. Regardless of your political stripe, it’s a black eye on American politics showing a nation divided
- Kobe Bryant’s helicopter crashes killing Kobe, his daughter Gigi along with 7 others
- The UK formally draws out of the European Union. Depending on which side of the political spectrum you’re on, this is either great news, or a catastrophe. Nonetheless, it shows a continent divided.
- Stock markets crash globally, recording their largest losses on record
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics postponed.
- Death of George Floyd. Black Lives Matter protests across America show a country divided
- Death of Ruth Bader Ginsberg
- Death of Eddie Van Halen
- Disneyland closes its doors. First time that’s happened since JFK was assassinated.
- COVID brings the world to a standstill with over 1,000,000 deaths and global lockdowns.