My name is Brian Goldfinger. I’m a personal injury lawyer.
My law firm, Goldfinger Injury Lawyers, represents injured accident victims, disability claimants and their loved ones across Ontario.
We have meeting offices in Toronto, London, Peterborough, Kitchener-Waterloo, and soon to be Owen Sound too! More on our expansion to Owen Sound in days to come.
Recently, I attended at a private mediation on very serious car accident case in London, ON. In dispute was everything under the sun including but not limited to:
- Liability (whose fault was the car accident)
- Damages (how bad are the Plaintiff’s damages)
- Causation (are the Plaintiff’s damages directly attributable to the subject car accident)
- Income loss & loss of competitive advantage in the workplace
- Past and Future Care Costs
- Attendant Care Costs
- Housekeeping & Home maintenance costs
- Are the Plaintiff’s injuries catastrophic?
- What is the value of the Family Law Act Claims?
- Will the injuries meet the threshold?
- If so, will those injuries surpass the $37,983.33 deductible for pain and suffering claims general damages under $126,610.07
- Payment of Non-Earner Benefits
- Payment of Attendant Care Benefits
- Which disbursements are assessible, and which aren’t?
- How much interest is owing and at which interest rate?
- What is the applicable discount rate for payments made in to the future?
- What are the appropriate set offs which the tort insurer and accident benefit insurer are entitled to; if any?